Small enough to care
Vanguard Care was first established in 1991 in Shropshire by Vanessa Woodward and her husband Captain Robert Woodward after his retirement from the Royal Navy. Prior to his retirement, Robert served on HMS Vanguard, hence the company name.
After Vanessa and Robert’s retirement from Vanguard Care in 2001, the company moved to its current location in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire and expanded the national base whilst retaining its high standards of service. To this day, Vanguard remains a small refreshing agency providing live-in homecare in the private sector mainly for the elderly. Whilst we cover the whole of the UK and Channel Islands, we carefully restrict the number of clients to ensure that our high standards of premium service are maintained and individually tailored to clients’ needs.
Furthermore, unlike many other similar agencies, Caroline our Director of Care personally carries out every care assessment, designs the client’s care plan, and is responsible for its ongoing implementation. Thereafter, clients and carers are proactively monitored and managed
- specialise in live-in care in the private sector mainly for the elderly
- are small, friendly, reliable, and professional
- cover the UK and Channel Islands
- have 90% British carers
- have provided care services for more than 27 years
- are at the lower end of fee structures in the healthcare industry
- actively manage care plans and our carers
- do not charge for the initial assessment
“An excellent carer. Kind, considerate and efficient. No criticisms at all.”
“We could not have asked for more from Ann. She was very good indeed.”
“I want to thank you for providing such an excellent service over the years.”